Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2017
Why we love it
During my search for a French Pinot Noir with unique personality, I stumbled upon Régis & Sylvain. Generally, Bourgogne Pinot Noir red wines are higher in acidity with layers of red berries and cherry nose. This 2017 cuvée has both high & low tones of dark cherries and Asian spices, followed by a unique (+ uncommon) long finish with notes of prunes and plums...and we want to drink one sip after another. This is what we'd called a "glou-glou" wine.
- Olivia, PENTICTON
Fantastic vintage for this South Burgundy Pinot Noir
Terroir & Winemaking
- Located in the North-West of Mâcon, close to La Roche Vineuse - The parcel is on steep hills with south exposure
- The terroir profits of two different soils :
- 1st layer : siliceous
- 2nd layer : volcanic - 100% Pinot Noir
- Manual harvest - Total distem - 18 days of maceration -
- Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel -
- Aging 12 months in french oak Cadus (60% of new barrels)
1st nose : notes of undergrowth.
Tasting notes - A very light ruby color.
Enjoy the Pinot Noir with a slow cook lamb shoulder with olives and rosemary.