IGP Val de Loire Sauvignon Blanc 2017
The most oceanic Sauvignon Blanc from Loire Valley
Terroir & Winemaking
- Located in the South-West of Loire Valley, close to the Atlantic Ocean
- The parcel is between the two rivers Sèvre and Maine - The terroir profits of two different soils :
- 1st layer : siliceous clay alluvium
- 2nd layer : granit - 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Manual harvest
- Cold maceration (12 hours)
- Alcoholic fermentation in concrete tank (special choice : stainless steel brings some reductive sulfure notes)
- Maturing 6 months on lees
Tasting notes - A clear and very bright pale colour.
- 1st nose : notes of limestone and citrus.
- 2nd nose : the wine opens up on fresh apricot and finishes on peppermint.
- The attack is very fresh. The wine got a beautiful balance between fruit and acidity. Like the nose, the apricot is fully present with a salty finish due to the ocean influence.
Enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc with some fresh fish and chips, prawns, or simply alone on afternoon drinks.